Last night I made my second batch of Maple Granola. I love this stuff so much - I can't believe it took me this long to make my second batch. I was inspired to make some at home after having a giant bowl at Kenny and Zukes when I was in Portland this spring.
My favorite ways to eat granola:
- For breakfast
- Smothered in strawberry yogurt
- As a late night snack
- On top of Breyer's Coffee ice cream (YUM!)
- For my afternoon pick me up (3:00pm is snack time in my book!)
- Mixed in with Cocoa Pebbles (yeah, pretty sad, eh?)
- No dried fruit!!! Blech!
- Eat more than two bowls in a day (try it...you'll find out why ;) )
How do you eat your granola?
I highly recommend this recipe. I left out the raisins and coconut, of course. You don't get big granola clusters with this recipe, but the more I eat it, the more I like this recipe's consistency. Our convection oven does a great job of toasting. I got brave and added semi-sweet chocolate shavings this time around (figured the shavings were a little more up to par with the recipe than the Cocoa Pebbles).
I'm looking for some more granola recipes. Particularly:
- Traditional - not maple; usually made with rice syrup or honey
- Granola bars - for the kids
I haven't found any recipes that I'm really crazy about. Let me know if you have a favorite.